Just the Facts:
The Time: 7:30 EST
The Place: Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida
Place to Watch: NESN, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 1, TVAS
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 970 WFLA (Lightning feed)
The Stakes: two points puts distance between the Bruins and the Maple Leafs and keeps them in playoff position.
- Last 10 games for the Lightning have them in quite a pickle. They're 3-5-2 and looking worse by the day. Their last game was against the Panthers, who beat them in overtime 2-1. This is the first of a four-game homestand for TBL.
- Boston will be getting Brad Marchand and Tuukka Rask off of the All-Star Weekend. Good to see them back!
- Tampa's injury pool isn't large, but it's impact on the team is. Stamkos, Callahan, and Point will not be playing in tonight's game or many games after it.
- Ben Bishop is currently a .905 in SV%. Not great.
- Boston however has had some issues with playing down to an opponent. Hopefully a still-quite-offensively talented TBL can force Boston to putting some real punch down on them
That series. That freaking series.