Just the facts:
The Time: 5pm EST
The Place: PNC Arena, Raleigh, North Carolina
The Place to watch: NESN, Fox Sports-Southeast
The Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 99.9 The Fan ESPN
The Stakes: Another two points for the Bruins staves off the likes of the Senators, Maple Leafs, Lightning and Panthers even more to keep second place in the Atlantic. Carolina is trending towards average as of late, so the B’s need to pounce with other teams having so many games in hand.
- Carolina is coming off a 2-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Windy City and have won just one game in the new calendar year.
- Carolina is 5-4-1 in their last 10 games, but are 11-4-1 total at home. The Bruins hold a 12-7-4 record away from Boston, so one of those records will have to prevail.
- Brad Marchand is coming off of his first multipoint night in October 20th against the New Jersey Devils. Maybe, finally, the offense can start to trend in the right direction?
- Tuukka Rask is having an otherworldly year this season and with his shutout win last night, tied Frank Brimsek, otherwise known as “Mr. Zero”, for second in team history in shutouts. Just another day at the office for Tuukks.
- Depending on who we see in net tonight, it may be another case of “Which Rask is this” with Tuukka and Victor (no relation, unfortunately).
- Being in Carolina makes me think of one member of the Black and Gold who used to play here and how he’s doing. Come back soon, John-Michael Liles.
- Raleigh got 2 inches or less last night of snow (reportedly a lot of it was sleet) but much of central and northeast North Carolina was “hammered” with snow. Bostonians can deal with 8-10 inches but as its not expected much in the South, it’s hard to handle and NC Gov. Cooper declared a state of emergency. We can certainly play the attendance game tonight!
Maybe David Pastrnak can get just as easy a goal as he did against who else but Anton Khudobin in 2013.