Just the Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario
Place to Watch: NESN, TSN, Sportsnet
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, TSN-4
The Opposing SBNation Blog: Pension Plan Puppets
Players to Watch:
- Auston Matthews...if he plays, is Auston Matthews. Point leader, Goal leader. Doesn’t need much introduction past that.
- Frederik Andersen has been putting together a few pretty solid performances! What has that ballooned his SV% to? ...an .898? Jeez.
- Morgan Rielly on the Toronto Blueline leads the team in assists
- The hard hitting depth forward Noel Acciari might be back for Boston, everybody!
- And so might Brad Marchand!
Quick Game Preview:
Hey kids! Do you like consistent defensive efforts?
No? Well, neither do Boston or Toronto! You’re watching the right game!
Boston is quickly finding itself hamstrung by poor defensive zone performances in spite of being able to casually overrun teams if properly motivated and grind their wills into powder.
Toronto meanwhile is one of the most prolific offenses in the league, featuring a team that’s able to double one up on shots and goals within minutes of each other...with some of the most inconsistent defenses and definitely one of the most inconsistent goaltending tandems on the planet. Toronto is giving up a LOT of goals and leads, even in winning efforts.
Oh, and Auston Matthews is probably out.
So it should be in Boston’s best interest to hammer these guys early.
Regardless of how it ends up going, this game oughta be an explosion of goals, so enjoy that!
...To check up on how Mike Babcock’s teams look when they don’t have hall-of-fame caliber defenseman on the top pairing.