Just the facts
When: 7 PM
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN Site: Jackets Cannon
Know your enemy
20-12-1, 3rd in Metropolitan Division
Leading scorers: Artemi Panarin, 7G, 21A, 28PTS; Oliver Bjorkstrand, 6G-16A-22PTS; Josh Anderson, 12G-7A-19PTS
Leader in net: Sergei Bobrovsky, 17-9-1, 2.27 GAA, 0.923 SV%
- Much like the Bruins, the Blue Jackets are getting a ton out of their younger players, specifically Zach Werenski and Pierre-Luc Dubois. Werenski had an awesome rookie season last year, finishing third in Calder voting, and has picked up where he left off this season. The blueliner currently has 10G-8A-18PTS totals, impressive for any blueliner, let alone a 20-year-old kid. Dubois was the third overall pick in the 2016 Draft, the “other guy” chosen after Auston Matthews and Patrik Laine. Dubois has 14 points in 33 games, and won’t turn 20 until late June.
- Columbus continues to get stellar goaltending from Sergei Bobrovsky, who has enjoyed a career renaissance in Ohio. Bobrovsky started the Jackets’ last game (against Carolina) on Saturday, so there’s no real reason to suspect he won’t start tonight. He’s 3-2-0 in his last five, allowing 14 goals over that span.
- Former Boston College Eagle Cam Atkinson is struggling a bit this season, recording just 11 points in 28 games. He signed a big contract last month, then was a healthy scratch earlier this month. YIKES. In all likelihood, the scratch was just giving the kid a chance to hit the reset button and get back in the right frame of mind.
- Adam McQuaid is inching closer to a return, but where is he going to play? It seems like it’d be a mistake to take Matt Grzelcyk out of the lineup at this point. Who sits?
- Don’t be surprised if Anton Khudobin starts tonight, as Bruce Cassidy may choose to continue to flip-flop in net. Tuukka Rask played well on Saturday night, but Khudobin has yet to really fall back to Earth (though he’s been more average lately), so Cassidy might roll him out there again.
- It remains to be seen whether or not Anders Bjork ends up back in the lineup tonight. He was a healthy scratch Saturday night, but do the Bruins want to continue to hold him out, or hope he can regain his confidence?