Hold on until 8:30PM (Eastern) on Sunday, Bruins fans, when the Sharks host the Bruins on NBCSN. In the meanwhile, here are some tidbits of news.
- Read all about Bruce Cassidy’s journey to coaching the Bruins, in which a boy from Ottawa grows up a Bruins fan and lives his dream to play in the NHL only to be stymied (just like his hero Bobby Orr) by a bum knee. Boston Globe
- Maybe what we all need is to be talked down from the precipice of Claude Julien’s departure by Zdeno Chara . He is currently enjoying a “staycation” in Boston with his family. National Post
- Got cap space? The Bruins finally do- but can they find what they need for their price? The Fourth Period
- Mark Divver reports that Peter Cehlarik is practicing with but NOT playing with the Providence Bruins. @MarkDivver His parents and grandfather were on hand to enjoy his NHL debut. @MarkDivver
- Hey, remember Zac Rinaldo? He weighed in on a topic- one about which he is all too familiar. WEEI Brian McGrattan agreed. @BigErn10