Just the facts:
- The Ducks are middling in their record at the moment, going 3-6 in their last 9 games. They've won the 1-0 games but have lost the multi-goal games, so the B's need to pour a couple in and get ahead of Anaheim early.
- Two games ago, Anaheim poured in over 20 shots on the LA Kings, doubling them up by the end of the 2nd; however, they allowed 10 while landing just 8 more shots in the 3rd, and in a 1-0 game, that's a dangerous differential.
- The Ducks are still without Antoine Vermette, who decided that a poor faceoff was worth "slashing" a referee (read: firm leg-tap). He's been suspended for 10 games, but will have a hearing later this week to see if it will be reduced.
- Boston is 4-0 under interim coach Bruce Cassidy. Let's keep him undefeated as long as possible.
- The Ducks won the previous matchup between these teams by a score of 4-3 back in mid-December.