Just the Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: TD Garden, Boston, MA
The Stakes: TORONTO IS TOO CLOSE, WIN AND PUSH THEM AWAY
The Place To Watch: NESN, SunSports Network, TVAS
The Place To Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 970 WFLA
The Opposing SBN Blog: Raw Charge
The Opposing Leading Scorer: Nikita Kucherov (34g, 39a, 73pts)
The Opposing Leading Goaltender: Andrej Vasilevskiy (17 wins, .915 SV%)
- David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand have gone two whole games without doing much point getting. Clearly, it is time to panic.
- Your leaders in possession from last game are: Frank Vatrano, Ryan Spooner, David Pastrnak, Torey Krug, and David Backes.
- Noel Acciari will be playing full time in Boston from now on as he was one of four call-ups the Bruins can use now in a non-emergency basis. They have three left. He himself did pretty well last game in his 4th liner role.
- The 3rd line last game was an island of misfit toys and it showed. Hopefully the positive-possession Spoons and Frankie have been putting up lately can translate to goals.
- The Lightning are coming off of a 5-3 embarrassment of a game against the Arizona Coyotes of Glendale, AZ, so expect them to be ready to put that one out of their minds with extreme prejudice.
- Vasilevskiy is probably going to start for Tampa. Peter Budaj hasn’t been a great backup when he’s played for them with a sub-.900 in SV% and a 50-50 record.
- While not everything has been his fault, Rask hasn’t exactly been put in the best of circumstances lately and hasn’t looked fantastic while there, so Khudobin will probably sub in tonight...who himself still hasn’t been much of a world beater.
- The Bruins are 12-6 in the Bruce Cassidy era.
...Well shit, I already did that Game 7 so...
How ‘bout Game 4 of that series! That was fun.