Just the Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York
The Stakes: We’re out of the playoff structure if the season ended today...let’s change that!
The Place To Watch: NESN, MSG+
The Place To Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, WRHU
The Opposing SBN Blog: Lighthouse Hockey
The Opposing Leading Scorer: John Tavares (27g, 37a, 64pts)
The Opposing Leading Goaltender: Thomas Greiss (26-16-5, .914 SV%, 2.67GAA)
- The Bruins are now losers in four straight, and every game feels like panic mode. With just eight games to go, you have to win to stay in.
- Percentage wise, this game is the biggest swing for both the Bruins and Islanders to either make the playoffs or miss the postseason. Both teams have 82 points, but with 1 game in hand, the Isles slide into the second wildcard slot
- After Rask gave up the lead three times against the Lightning, it’s unclear whether we will see Tuukka or Anton Khudobin in net.
- Cassidy said yesterday that we may see some line changes for tonight’s game, but that won’t be clear until later this afternoon.
- With the same number of games played and one point behind, Tampa Bay is also breathing right down Boston’s neck to play past mid-April.
- The Islanders are playing the second game of a back-to-back, where they beat the Penguins in a shootout last night in Pittsburgh.
- Jaroslav Halak did play last night and while every game is at stake, it’s unclear whether we’ll see Halak or Thomas Greiss tonight.
- The Bruins are 12-7 in the Bruce Cassidy era.
How about some Swedish oomph?