Just the Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
The Stakes: Between the Bruins, Maple Leafs, Islanders, and Lightning, there’s a lot of chaos in the standings
The Place To Watch: NESN, TVAS, SN1, SNO, Fox Sports Tennessee
The Place To Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, WPRT-FM
The Opposing SBN Blog: On the Forecheck
The Opposing Leading Scorer: Ryan Johansen (13g, 45a, 58pts)
The Opposing Leading Goaltender: Pekka Rinne (30-16-8, .916 SV%, 2.48GAA)
- The Bruins (84 pts) are coming off what felt like a huge win in Brooklyn, putting themselves back in the playoff picture after losing four straight.
- Even still, Toronto sits ahead of the B’s by one point to take the third spot in the Atlantic, while the Lightning have jumped up to be one point behind Boston and the Islanders a point behind the Bolts.
- Tuukka Rask will be back in net tonight, hopefully feeling better after Anton Khudobin backstopped the game against the Isles
- David Krejci is a game-time decision after injuring himself in practice yesterday.
- John-Michael Liles will slot into the lineup for Colin Miller tonight
- The Predators are in the second game of a back-to-back, beating who else but the Islanders last night, 3-1
- Mike Fisher didn’t make the trip for the Predators, while Yannick Webber is day-to-day
- After Juuse Saros tended net last night, it’s likely the Bruins will face Pekka Rinne tonight
Marchand with the through-the-legs move!