Just the Facts:
When: 1:00 PM EST
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
What: The first game of the last back-to-back series for the Bruins this season. Tomorrow, they play at the United Center in Chicago.
Where to Watch: NESN, Fox Sports Florida, SN
Where to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, WMEN
Opposing SBNation Blog: Litterbox Cats
- With just five games remaining, the Bruins sit only three points ahead of the Lightning for the second wildcard spot in the east. Every win matters to keep themselves alive.
- The Islanders John Tavares left last nights game against the New Jersey Devils with an apparent leg injury. Whether that helps the Bruins out in removing competition remains to be seen.
- Kevin Paul Dupont reported yesterday that we’d see Tuukka Rask in net this afternoon against Florida.
- The Bruins shut out the Panthers 4-0 at the BB&T Center the last time these two squads faced off against each other on January 7th.
- The Panthers are in the midst of a three game losing streak, all on the road. This game serves as the last tilt of a four game road stint for the Cats. Their most recent loss to Montreal also mathematically eliminated Florida from a playoff spot.
- Even with 16 games less than the Panthers leading goal scorer in Vincent Trochek, Aleksander Barkov sits just one point behind him, 53 points to 52.
- The B’s will take on Reto Berra, as Roberto Luongo has a hip injury and James Reimer a head injury