Just the facts:
What: PLAYOFFS, BABY
Where: Kanata, Ontario
When: 7:00 PM
How to follow: NESN, NHL Network, Sportsnet, TVAS2, 98.5 The Sports Hub, live stream via NBC Sports
Rival SBN site: Silver Seven
- The injury bug! Brandon Carlo, Torey Krug and Noel Acciari are all out for Game 1.
- David Krejci and Dominic Moore both missed practice yesterday. Normally, you don’t miss practice the day before a playoff game just to take a breather. Chances are both are a bit banged up, which would be huge. Krejci is key to this series, and Moore has been great lately. Hopefully both are capable of going tonight.
- It remains to be seen what happens, but you have to think Charlie McAvoy ends up with Zdeno Chara tonight. I know he played with Liles in practice for a while, but putting McAvoy with Chara makes too much sense. Yes, it will mean McAvoy gets top-pairing defensive assignments. But it also gives the kid a steadying presence, allowing him to get his feet wet without playing with a riskier partner.
- Nobody knows what’s going to happen with the bottom six. With Acciari out, there’s at least one spot. There are six slots for Moore, Riley Nash, Matt Beleskey, Jimmy Hayes, Tim Schaller, Frank Vatrano, Sean Kuraly and JFK. Hayes is still dealing with issues from taking a Colin Miller slapshot in an...uh...sensitive area. Vatrano has been pretty bad lately. Nash and Moore are givens.
- Erik Karlsson and Zack Smith are good to go today. Marc Methot might be, but maybe not. Cody Ceci is probably ready.
- Hopefully they don’t need him, but Anton Khudobin returned to practice yesterday. With no roster limits in the playoffs, Zane McIntyre may stick around, but it appears Khudobin is OK if needed.
There haven’t been many great Bruins - Sens moments for us lately, so let’s go back to...the Derek Morris era?