Just the Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: TD Garden, Boston, MA
The Stakes: Boston needs to win this in order to get better playoff position. As of right now they are slated to play Ottawa in the first round.
The Place to Watch: NESN, NBCSN, TSN5, RDS
The Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing Team’s Leading Scorer: Erik Karlsson, 71 points
Opposing Team’s Leading Goaltender: Craig Anderson, .925 SV%
- Boston is on a six game winning streak. Fun times!
- Boston will be without Brad Marchand for the remainder of the Regular season, obviously.
- Ottawa however, will be without Erik Karlsson as he battles a lower body injury.
- In fact, Ottawa has been having all sorts of issues staying healthy as players have been dropping left and right. They’re without Bobby Ryan, Codi Ceci, and a host of other players.
- Ottawa did win their last game over Detroit 2-0.
- Tuukka Rask has been phenominal over his past few starts, and given the implications will probably start for Boston.
- Craig Anderson will also probably be starting as he too has been pretty good for the Red, Black and White team.
- Both teams hate each other and I really don’t like the Sens. Win so they can get the monkey off their back.
Both teams HATE each other: