• What: The 2017 IIHF Women's World Championship Gold Medal Match
• Where: Plymouth, Michigan, USA
• Who: USA and Canada
• When: April 7th, 7:35 PM EDT
• How to watch: TV: NHL Network Internet: NHL.com
Canada Viewers: English: TSN French: RDS
• How to follow without watching: The game will be updated on the IIHF website: http://www.worldwomen2017.com/
There is also an app available for iOS and Android: 2017 IIHF that will be updating the game.
The US team is full of Boston-linked talent. Many have played at the Beanpot schools, highlighted by Northeastern’s Kendall Coyne and Boston College’s Alex Carpenter, who scored the OT winner in last year’s gold medal game. Others have played for either the Boston Blades, the Pride or both. There are also locals who have been regulars on Team USA like captain Meghan Duggan. The others have trained in the area before the last Olympics.
While not as closely tied to Boston as Team USA, Canada has a number of players that played here for college, namely Captain Canada, Marie-Philip Poulin. Many of the other players play in the CWHL and can be seen playing against the Blades