Just the Facts
When: 3 PM
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
The Stakes: Washington has already clinched the No. 1 overall seed. Boston can still finish anywhere between 2nd and 4th in the division.
Where To Watch: NBC -- not NBCSN, just NBC
Where To Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
- Braden Holtby's back-up, Philipp Grubauer is confirmed to start. He's no slouch (.926 in 22 appearances), but possibly doesn't have the same voodoo over the Bruins as Holtby.
- The Bruins will be without Torey Krug & Noel Acciari due to injury, and Brad Marchand due to suspension.
- This the last game of the regular season for the B's, and with a chance to solidify themselves in the Atlantic's 2-3 match-up, I'd guess we'll see Tuukka Rask.
- The Capitals have nothing left to play for, so it's possible we see some of their big guns get rested. No word on that as of yet, though. They'll also be without former Bruin Brett Connolly and defenseman John Carlson due to minor injuries.
- In terms of teams the B's are jockeying for position with, the Ottawa Senators are tied 0-0 in the first with the New York Rangers, and Toronto plays Pittsburgh tonight. It's a scoreboard-watching time of year.
This game could be weird due the Capitals lack of needing it, but it still means something to the Bruins. See you at 3!