Today the NHL released its list of players exempt from being chosen for the Expansion draft from all teams.
They are as follows:
- As you might’ve noticed, the vast majority of these guys are players on LTIR or might be retiring in the near future.
- Nathan Horton’s still on this list, that injury he suffered suuuuuucks. :(
- If nothing else I like the idea that teams assuming that they would be able to dump these contracts during the expansion draft still have to honor them.
- The depressing part of this list is that in a vacuum the vast majority of these players should still be playing and succeeding, were it not for horrible circumstances.
- Chris Pronger is a cap sorcerer. Still getting paid after all these years
The Expansion Draft is on July 2nd, our Expansion Draft content will begin very soon! Get excited! or Scared! or Excarited!