The Jerseys are out. A good portion of them didn’t change, some did well, others did poorly. But they are out, and will be part of the 2017-18 season.
Interestingly, absolutely no team will be going into this next year with a third sweater, just like they did a decade ago.
Greg Wyshynski over at Yahoo however, found out that the program is not dead and buried, but more on a year-long hiatus.
NHL says we'll have 24-26 teams with @adidas third jerseys for 2018-19 season. Some old designs, some completely new.— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) June 21, 2017
Well that’s exciting!
There’s of course, no telling who the 24/26 teams actually are, but the Bruins tend to like having a matinee alternate, so there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t go for another one.
And in all honesty, with all the good ideas and sometimes better-than-the-homes kind of sweaters reebok would end up making for some teams, getting fans used to the new aesthetic status quo would do the league some good.
Until then, let’s reminsice about the third jerseys of days gone by...
- The Back in Black uniforms Photo by Elsa/Getty Images
- The Ill-fated Winter Classic Uniforms of a year ago. Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- The first Bruins Winter Classic uniform, lifted from a design used in the 50’s Photo by Elsa/Getty Images
- Anson Carter, wearing the uniform everyone has an opinion on.
- This was actually an alternate in 2005!
If the Bruins are one of the teams to pick up a third in 2018, what do you want it to look like?
This poll is closed
Do something different!
BRING BACK THE POOH BEAR!