While the Providence Bruins had already been marketing an Opening Night Hat Trick for October 7th, the AHL has officially released its entire 2017-18 schedule. With that, here are some highlights:
- Opening Night on October 7th, 2017 will be against the Springfield Thunderbirds.
- The team plays the three relocated franchises all in a row: it starts with Belleville October 21st, then Laval comes to town the next day, October 22nd. They travel to Binghamton for the team’s next game on October 27th.
- The P-Bruins longest road trip of the season comes between December 13th through the 30th, a total of 8 games, visiting Hershey, its return to Syracuse after being knocked out by the Crunch in the playoffs, Hartford, Springfield, Utica and the team’s first ever trip to Belleville.
- There are no home stands of that size, the longest happening three times during the season of three games: October 7th-14th, December 8th-10th, and March 18th-24th.
- As noted by the AHL, December 10th’s matchup against the Utica Comets will be the P-Bruins 2000th ever AHL regular season game, the 7th team to reach that milestone.
- The team’s first matchup against the Hartford Wolfpack will be on the road on November 4th. The first time they face each other in Providence is on December 8th.
- Their seasons ends on April 15th, 2018, against Springfield at home.
Which matchup are you looking forward to the most?