Just the facts
When: 3 PM
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Wingin’ It in Motown
Know your enemy
- Dylan Larkin: 2G, 2A, 4PTS; Tyler Bertuzzi: 2G, 1A, 3PTS; Dennis Cholowski: 1G, 2A, 3PTS
- Jimmy Howard: 3 stars, 0-1-2, 2.90 GAA, .910 save percentage
- The rebuilding Wings are winless on the young season, posting a record of 0-2-2. They lost 5-3 to the Leafs in their last outing.
- As a reminder, this is the game that had the start time shift. If you forgot that the game is at 3, then uhhh...hopefully it’s not 3 when you read this!
- Tuukka Rask will get the start today, looking to earn his second home win of the season.
- It appears, based on rumblings and practice lines, that Danton Heinen may be the latest guy on the healthy scratch merry-go-round today. Heinen hasn’t had a great start to the season. He hasn’t been bad all around, but the points haven’t quite been there yet. When you have other guys capable of rotating in, an occasional scratch is to be expected
- Fun fact: the Red Wings don’t have a captain. Henrik Zetterberg suddenly retired before the season started, right as his yearly salary dropped by a ton. WEIRD. Anyways, the Wings currently have 2 A’s, in Justin Abdelkader and Niklas Kronwall.
- Getting off to a good start would be ideal for the Bruins, as the Wings aren’t exactly an offensive powerhouse. They’ve scored just 9 goals in four games, and don’t have a ton of explosive talent on the offensive side of things.
Zdeno Chara forever.