Just the facts
Who: Vancouver Canucks - 7GP: 4-3-0
When: 10:00 PM
Where: Rogers Center
How to follow: NESN, SN1, City
Rival SBN site: Nucks Misconduct
Know your enemy
- Elias Petterson: 5G-3A-8PTS; Bo Horvat: 4G-1A-5PTS; Sven Baertshi: 2G-3A-5P
- Anders Nilsson: 4 GP, 3-1-0, 2.26 GAA, 0.925 save percentage; Jacob Markstrom: 3 GP, 1-2-0, 4.02 GAA, .883 save percentage
- This road trip has...not gone fantastically for the Bruins but they have an opportunity to get work done when they face off against Vancouver
- Brock Boeser is finding his way once again, playing a brilliant game and scoring the OT winner for a 3-2 Canucks win in Pittsburgh
- Rookie Elias Petterson is showing he truly belongs in the NHL, as he leads the Canucks in goals and points
- We have a reunion with former Bruins fourth liner, the Granite State native Mr. Timmy Heads himself, Tim Schaller! (Yes Loui Eriksson is still on this team but we’re way past reunions with him)
- Clearly Vancouver’s goaltending is a mixed bag, with Nillson stealing the show and Markstrom...not so much
- The last time the Bruins played the Canucks in Vancouver, they got blasted 6-1, and the B’s cannot afford another result like that to start the season.
- At the time of publishing, we don’t have a starting goaltender yet, but this writer things Jaro Halak might get another start. Hasn’t looked bad at all in his short tenure in Boston so far.
- If this is a game for one of the young guns to show why they belong on the second line (ie Donato/Bjork), this game feels like it. With two off days in between a Tuesday night matchup in Ottawa, leaving a lasting impression on Bruce Cassidy should be of utmost importance to anyone in the lineup looking to make themselves stick.
I can’t miss an opportunity to show the Bruins hoisting Lord Stanley’s Cup. Ah, the memories.