Program your coffee pots to brew at 10:00PM- the Avalanche host the Bruins tonight on NESN.
- The Bruins’ top line will face their high-flying counterparts from Colorado- Mikko Rantanen, Nathan MacKinnon, and Gabriel Landeskog. It should make for an interesting matchup. Bruins Daily
- The Avalanche have also struggled with secondary scoring, and had suffered a five-game losing streak which ended Sunday. Thankfully, Tuukka Rask is able to join his team on the trip, as is callup Jakub Zboril, who is eager to go. Fox Sports
- Zboril is overdue for this opportunity. Sadly it is a plague of injuries that opens the door for him. 98.5 The Sports Hub
- The bad news? Brandon Carlo will miss tonight, after being banged up against the Golden Knights - this means a full boat of left-shot defensemen on the Bruins roster. NESN
- Kevan Miller is with the team, but not cleared to play quite yet. CBS Sports
- In the week that was for the Providence Bruins, callups to Boston have been frequent and Ryan Donato is making the most of his time in the AHL, as is Jan Kovar. Up next? A back-to-back-home stand. Providence Bruins
- In the latest Behind the B episode (#4) we get a better look at Noel Acciari’s Hockey Fights Cancer suit and Military Appreciation extends to expectant families, courtesy of the Bruins’ better halves. (Video, 21:47) Bruins NHL
- Got rumors? Jake DeBrusk may be untouchable, but other youngsters might be in play for the Bruins to land a top forward. Who might be the target? Nichols On Hockey
Elsewhere around the rink:
- In news of former Bruins: It appears to be a Hockey Hall of Fame long shot for Tim Thomas, but this might be the year for Don Cherry. ESPN Simon Gagne fears that technological advances are making hockey players programmed robots, and at earlier stages of their careers. (Original, in French) NHL (Google translation) NHL
- Undrafted, undersized, late bloomer- which NHLer (maybe even a Bruin) will inherit the mantle of Hall of Fame inductee Martin St. Louis? The Hockey News
- Enjoy this NHL Power Ranking summarized team by team with a Tweet. Sportsnet
- Oh, the humanity! Younger NHL players are missing out on team bonding with their elders thanks to gaming (or Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat?) Washington Post.