Just The Facts:
The Time: 8pm EST
The Place: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
Place to Watch: NESN, FS-Tennessee
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, WPRT-FM
Opposing SBNation Blog: On The Forecheck
Players To Know:
- Ryan Johanson and Filip Forsberg are your leading point getters and goal scorers respectively. They also play on the same line together! So be ready for that particular group to be very interested in goalscoring!
- The Top 4 defenders on Nashville have at least 7 points, save for PK Subban, who has 10
- Pekka Rinne may be ancient, but he’s still looking like a renaissance man out there, currently posting a .940 through 6 starts.
- Juuse Saros has more starts than Rinne, with similar-ish results in the win column, just not in SV%. Getting through either of these guys are going to be a problem.
- David Backes’ goal this week was to dress and play tonight. We’ll see if he can make good on it by gametime.
- Halak will be starting.
If you wanted a test of the B’s mettle, really want to know what this particular group, injured as it is and suffering from all sorts of misfortune that it is, if you really want a good, harsh test of what this team looks like against quality, look no further than the Nashville Predators.
The Preds are first overall in the NHL. They’ve just recently mulched the Tampa Bay Lightning in a 4-1 game in which Pekka Rinne made life miserable for the Bolts, and have in general spent October being exactly what everyone thought they were going to be.
It is going to be a tough game. Which is why it could absolutely turn out so fun...or not.
Will they overcome the Preds? Tune in to find out!