Feel free to use this thread and stuff on the main page like this to keep track of everything done on deadline day this year. Remember to make sure all the sources you post (like Darren Dreger and the like) are real social media accounts or websites, and not prank accounts.
So let’s GOOOOOO!
Since it is past midnight:
REMINDER: At midnight tonight (official start of Trade Deadline day) the 23 man active roster limit is lifted, allowing clubs to carry as many players on the roster as they desire so long as they continue to respect the Salary Cap’s upper limit & do not surpass or circumvent it. pic.twitter.com/7hgGYPymut— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) February 25, 2018
@ 3:05pm EST - Roster Freeze goes into effect. No further trades can be made past this point, but anything that was still in the system CAN go through.
Boston Bruins’ deadline moves so far:
- 2018 3rd Rounder and Rob O’Gara to NYR for Nick Holden
- Frank Vatrano to Florida for a 2018 3rd rounder
- Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey (50% salary retained), Ryan Lindgren, 1st (2018) and 7th (2019) round picks for NYR's Rick Nash
- Brian Gionta signed to league minimum deal to play out rest of the year.
- Paul Postma waived.
- AHL Regular Chris Breen re-signed, then waived so he can go back to Providence.
- Matt Grzelcyk sent to Providence so he can be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Will likely be called up for tomorrow.
- Bruins send a 5th round pick to Chicago for Tommy Wingels
Have you liked what the B’s have been doing so far? Anyone you wanted?
Anyone not named Ryan McDonagh?