Just the Facts:
Time: 8:00pm EST
Place: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Place to Watch: NBC Sports
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing SBNation Blog: BlueShirt Banter
Boston - 32-11-8, 72pts, 2nd in Atlantic
New York - 25-23-5, 55pts, 8th in Metropolitan
The Opposing Team
Mats Zuccarello - 8G-30A-38PTS; J.T. Miller, 12G-23A-35PTS
Henrik Lundqvist - 2.70 GAA, .919 Sv%
- In the Bruins’ last two games, they’ve combined for 116 shot attempts and have allowed just 97, earning two wins; The Rangers have been outchanced 93-139 in their last two games, both losses.
- Once again, after falling behind early last night, the Bruins were able to overcome with contributions from all over the lineup. Danton Heinen and Sean Kuraly each had a goal and an assist against Detroit.
- The Rangers are clearly struggling to put together a complete defensive effort. The Rangers spent quite a bit of time shorthanded early on, and couldn’t muster much for a ten-minute stretches in each period. Despite this, and sitting last in the Metro division, they are still just four points from a Wild Card seat and figure to be a hungry team tonight.
- Henrik Lundqvist is a bit on-and-off this season; he looked outstanding in moments against Nashville on Saturday, yet let in four goals; he was a bit more erratic against Dallas on Monday after playing in back-to-back games, but came out of it with just a one-goal loss.
- Tuukka Rask is now 19-0-2 since the end of November.
- BRAD MARCHAND IS BACK TONIGHT. Watch for the reshuffling of lines tonight, and our line post later this morning.
HAD to include this.