Just the facts
When: 7:30 PM
Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise, Florida
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Litter Box Cats
Know your enemy
- Aleksander Barkov: 25G-44A-69PTS; Vincent Trocheck: 26G-38A-64PTS; Jonathan Huberdeau: 23G-40A-63PTS
- Roberto Luongo: 14-8-2, 2.61 GAA, .926; James Reimer: 16-13-5, 3.16 GAA, .907
- The Panthers are SURGING! The Cats are 8-1-1 in their last ten games (and that includes a loss to Ottawa in their last outing). With 75 points, the Panthers are (before Wednesday night’s game) just three points behind the New Jersey devils for the second wild card spot with two games in hand. SURGING!!!!!
- Going back to the beginning of February, the Panthers are 14-4-1 in their last 19 games. On February 1, the Panthers were tied with the Detroit Red Wings for 13th place in the Eastern Conference. They were eight points behind the second wild card team, with three other teams between them. This has been a Andrew Hammond Senators-esque run for the Panthers.
- The run has been powered by old buddy Roberto Luongo, who has returned from injury on top of his game. Prior to his loss on Tuesday night against Ottawa, Luongo had gone 7-0-1 since coming off the shelf.
- Frankie V! Frank Vatrano had a goal in his first game with the Panthers, then was held off the scoresheet last time out. True to form, he had eight shots on goal in those two games.
- The Panthers have a McGinn, a McCann, a first name MacKenzie and a last name MacKenzie. St. Patrick’s Day is Saturday. Is this game fixed in favor of the Panthers???? MY COLUMN:
- Expect a weird Bruins lineup tonight. No one was recalled on Wednesday, but chances are someone has already been made available to get down to Florida tomorrow in the event that one or more of Zdeno Chara, Jake DeBrusk or Torey Krug can’t go.
Say, speaking of Zdeno Chara...
6’9” AND HE’S A BALLERINA!
See ya tonight!