Just the facts
When: 7 PM
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub, NBCSN (Out of Market), Sportsnet (Canada)
Rival SBN site: Winging It In Motown
Know your enemy
- Dylan Larkin: 9G-38A-47P; Henrik Zetterberg: 9G-34A-43P; Anthony Mantha: 21G-16A-37P
- Jimmy Howard: 18-21-7, .912 SV%, 2.79 GAA; Jared Coreau (2016-17): 5-4-3, .887 SV%, 3.46 GAA
- For now, we’re still in the dark on the whole Charlie McAvoy injury situation. We do know that he won’t play tonight. If Monday’s practice is any indication, expect Brandon Carlo to take his old spot next to Zdeno Chara. (UPDATE: The Bruins announced McAvoy has a sprained MCL and will be reevaluated in a month.)
- Tuukka Rask is also unlikely to go tonight, per Bruce Cassidy. He missed Monday’s practice with a nagging lower-body injury. Anton Khudobin will look to continue his strong season.
- The Red Wings rank 28th in the league in goals scored.
- It’s a good thing the Bruins are playing in this game because the Red Wings are boooooring, and NBCSN has national coverage, as well as Sportsnet in Canada.
- Jimmy Howard made his seventh straight start on Sunday. He’s done his part in keeping the Wings in games. After trading away backup Petr Mrazek, Detroit called up Jared Coreau, who was pretty bad in 14 NHL appearances last year. He did, however win the AHL’s goalie of the month award for February.
- Newcomers Rick Nash, Nick Holden, Brian Gionta, and Tommy Wingels all have at least two points since joining the Bruins at last week’s trade deadline. Go figure.
- In their last 20 matchups, the Bruins have dominated the Wings, going 17-2-1 since April of 2014. They haven’t lost in regulation to Detroit in over two years.
Pavel Datsyuk was insane. Bergeron level defense, Pastrnak level dangles, Marchand level shot. I miss him, and you should too.