This was not the way the Bruins wanted to end their preseason. Here are a few notes on the game.
- The Bruins started out very slow. Passes weren’t sticking to the tape, and the Flyers took advantage of Bruins turnovers by creating sustained zone time and a goal by Taylor Leier with no one around to challenge him
- Krug suffered a lower-body injury during the first period. We’ll see how that effects the Bruins tomorrow morning.
- The bottom six looked solid for the Bruins. Kuraly surrounded by Donato and Bjork was fast, controlling play and putting the Flyers on their heals. The N.W.A. line of Nordstrom, Wagner, and Acciari, created scoring chances and was strong on the forecheck. The three seem to have a lot of chemistry, especially Wagner and Nordstrom.
- The top line was underwhelming. They didn’t make much of an impact on the game with Frederic centering Marchand and Pastrnak
- Bruce Cassidy wasn’t happy with the second year players. McAvoy didn’t look to be himself, and Cassidy wasn’t a fan of DeBrusk and Heinen either. I assume Donato wasn’t on this list as he was promoted to the second line midway through the game, and perhaps Kuraly is excluded too?
- Coach also continued to praise Urho Vaakanainen. He feels he is ready for the NHL level.