Just the facts
When: Today, 1 PM
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Anaheim Calling
Know your enemy
- 4-1-0, 2nd in the Pacific Division
- Ondrej Kase: 1G, 3A, 4PTS; Hampus Lindholm: 0G, 4A, 4PTS; Jakob Silfverberg: 2G, 1A, 3PTS
- John Gibson: 3-1-0, 1.26 GAA, .961 save percentage
- It’s a match-up of 4-1-0 teams, as the B’s and Ducks both come into this matinee on nice little runs to start the season. The B’s beat the Devils 3-0 in their last game, while the Ducks beat Columbus 2-1.
- What’s behind Anaheim’s hot start? Goaltending. John Gibson has gotten the lion’s share of the time in net, with 4 starts in 5 games. A 1.26 GAA and .961 save percentage is uhhh...not bad. His back-up has been good when called upon too, as he won his only start. His GAA is 1.00, and his save percentage is .963. Not bad for a back-up! Sample size rules apply, of course, but the Ducks look like they have a decent tandem on their hands.
- Offense remains a bit of a challenge for the Ducks, who have 11 goals in 5 games. They have some decent players on offense, but don’t really have a high-end game breaker.
- Jaroslav Halak is expected to get the start for the Bruins.
- We’ll see if Bruce Cassidy continues to shuffle his lineup, as guys like David Backes, Brett Ritchie, and Joakim Nordstrom have all rotated in and out.
- Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians!