Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Pension Plan Puppets
Know your enemy
- Mitch Marner: 3G, 8A, 11PTS; Morgan Rielly: 2G, 9A, 11PTS; Auston Matthews: 7G, 2A, 9PTS
- Michael Hutchinson: 0-1-1, 3.97 GAA, .886 save percentage
- The Leafs played the Blue Jackets at home on Monday night, losing a heartbreaker 4-3 game in Overtime. At least they know now what it feels like.
- Frederik Andersen started on Monday night, so it’s safe to assume Michael Hutchinson will get the start tonight. Of course, Mike Babcock is a wild card, so maybe we shouldn’t assume anything.
- Tuukka Rask will start for the Bruins tonight. It’ll be his 500th career game.
- David Krejci and Joakim Nordstrom will not play tonight. Par Lindholm and Karson Kuhlman also didn’t practice Monday, but per Bruce Cassidy, they should be ready.
- Can David Pastrnak carry his hot streak into a new week? With 7G-2A-9PTS totals last week, it’ll sure be difficult to top that performance this week. In his career during the regular season, Pastrnak has 12 goals and 9 assists in 16 games vs. Toronto.
- The Bruins were, for the most part, the better team on Saturday night in Toronto, but they got off to an uneven start. Tonight, they’ll be playing against what should be a pretty tired Leafs team. A good start will go a long way toward putting the Leafs away.
- After tonight’s game, the Bruins will play the Leafs again in around 3 weeks. After that, these two teams won’t meet again until mid-March. I miss the division-heavy scheduling.