Welcome back to our Weekly Women’s Hockey Wrap-up. The action has begun for everyone and the fun is just beginning
Boston Pride (7-0-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 7-2 v Metropolitan Riveters(10/25), W 5-3 v Metropolitan Riveters(10/26)
• Next Week: No Games
The Pride are clicking on all cylinders and laying waste to the league. They have swept everyone but the hapless Whale. They currently have a goal differential of +23 which is 16 better than the next best. They will have the next two weekends off to recover and hopefully not lose any momentum they have gained.
Boston College (7-0-1, 6-0-1 HEA) SBN Poll: 7 (-) HEA: 1st(0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 5-1 v Holy Cross (10/25), T 3-3 OT v Maine (10/26)
• Coming Week: v New Hampshire (11/1), v Providence (11/2)
They Eagles continue to soar atop Hockey East but really threw away a point in the tie against Maine. They will need both games this weekend but can take neither lightly.
Boston University (5-1-1, 2-1-1 HEA) SBN Poll: 9 (+1) HEA: T-3rd (8 Points behind)
• Last week: W 5-2 @ Penn State (10/25), W 5-1 @ Penn State (10/26)
• Coming Week: v Northeastern (11/1), @ Northeastern (11/2)
It was a pleasant trip to Happy Valley for BU. Now they go up against the defending HEA champs in a home-and-home that will be critical later. Big questions remain as to whether or not Jess Compher will be able to play for the Terriers.
Harvard University (1-0-0, 1-0-0 ECAC, 1-0-0 Ivy) SBN Poll: ARV (-) ECAC: 1st (0 Points behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 7-4 @ Dartmouth (10/25)
• Next Week: v Brown (11/1), v Yale (11/2)
Harvard opened up ECAC and Ivy league play with a good win against Dartmouth and will continue with a pair of Ivy League matchups including archrival Yale.
Northeastern University (5-1-0, 2-1-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 3 (-) HEA: T-4th (9 Points behind)
• Last week: L 0-1 @ Providence (10/25)
• Coming Week: @ Boston University (11/1), v Boston University (11/2)
Northeastern had no luck down in Providence as two goal reviews went against them in a one goal loss which the Huskies led heavily in shots. Up next is a tough pair against BU that will hopefully answer a lot of questions.
Record This Week: 6-1-1