Just like the big club, the Providence Bruins kicked off the 2019-2020 season with two road games, one each against Lehigh Valley (Philadelphia Flyers’ affiliate) and Hershey (Washington Capitals’ affiliate).
And just like the big club, the P-Bruins started their season with two wins: they beat Lehigh Valley 3-0 on Saturday night and beat Hershey 2-1 in overtime on Sunday.
- Maxime Lagace kicked the season off with a 28-save shutout on Saturday night, which is never a bad way to start your year. Lagace and Dan Vladar are likely going to split most of the starts for the early part of the season, so it’ll be good to try to get both of them going.
- Speaking of Vladar, he was in net for the win over Hershey, allowing just one goal on 22 shots.
- Brendan Gaunce has gotten off to a hot start, scoring in each game while also recording an assist; his goal on Sunday was the game-winner in OT.
- Anders Bjork had a goal and an assist in the opener.
- Paul Carey was named captain of the P-Bruins shortly before the season began, and scored a goal in the first game of the year.
The P-Bruins get to enjoy the friendly confines of home next weekend, with games against Rochester (Saturday) and Springfield (Sunday).