It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (8-0-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 6-1 v Buffalo Beauts (11/16)
• Next Week: v Connecticut Whale (11/23)
The Pride stay perfect with another dominant victory, this was the third time they have only allowed a single goal but have not recorded a shutout yet. Also of note Northeastern alumnus McKenna Brand broke the NWHL record for fastest two goals when she tallied two in 13 seconds, this broke the previous record by Gigi Marvin, formerly of the Pride. This weekend brings their first matchup against a Whale team that has not yet won a game.
Boston College (10-1-1, 9-1-1 HEA) SBN Poll: 6 (-) HEA: 1st(0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-2 @ Boston University (11/15)
• Coming Week: v Northeastern (11/19), v Connecticut (11/22), @ Connecticut (11/23)
The Eagles came back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 over rival Boston University to help hold on to the top spot in Hockey East. This Tuesday will bring Northeastern over to Chestnut Hill in a critical game for both teams. BC then will play the other Huskies for a pair that they will be looking for revenge in.
Boston University (7-4-1, 3-4-1 HEA) SBN Poll: ARV (-) HEA: T-5th (12 Points behind)
• Last week: W 3-1 v Yale (11/12), L 2-4 v Boston College (11/15)
• Coming Week: v Harvard (11/19), @ Vermont (11/23, 11/24)
After a good win against Yale the Terriers fell apart against Boston College, including a nasty major from Jess Compher. In another Beanpot preview game this Tuesday the Crimson will be visiting. The weekend takes BU up to Vermont for a pair.
Harvard University (5-0-0, 5-0-0 ECAC, 4-0-0 Ivy) SBN Poll: 9 (-) ECAC: T-2nd (1 Point behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: No Games
• Coming Week: @ Boston University (11/19), v New Hampshire (11/23)
A week off due to the BBC game having been rescheduled previously sets up Harvard for a big mid week game and then a struggling New Hampshire team will pay them a visit.
Northeastern University (10-1-0, 7-1-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 4 (-) HEA: 2nd (5 Points behind)
• Last week: W 5-1 v New Hampshire (11/15), W 1-0 @ New Hampshire (11/16)
• Coming Week: @ Boston College (11/19), v Maine (11/23, 11/24)
The Huskies let up a goal a mere 32 seconds into the first game but never let one up again in a needed sweep. The second game is notable because Freshman Gwyneth Phillips got the nod over Aerin Frankel and recorded a 1-0 shutout in her first career start. The Huskies now face off against the Eagles in a game that will hopefully improve pollsters view of them and then get a pair against Maine.
Record This Week: 5-1-0