Just the Facts:
The Time: 7:30pm EST
The Place: Little Caesar’s Arena, Detroit, Michigan
Place to Watch: NESN, NHLN, TVAS, Sportsnet-East, Sportsnet-Ontario
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing SBNation Blog: Winging it in Motown
Know Your Enemy:
- The Wings just acquired Robby Fabbri from the Blues in exchange for Jacob de la Rose. He has one point in 9 games.
- Anthony Mantha is your leading goalscorer for the Red Wings, with 9 in 17 games. He’s also the points leader, with 15.
- Mantha, Tyler Bertuzzi, and Dylan Larkin are the only players on the Red Wings in double digits in points.
- This season, both Jonathan Bernier and Jimmy Howard are twins, in that their SV% is identical: .887%
- The Red Wings are first in the running for Alexis Lafreniere.
There isn’t much to say about the Red Wings right now. They are just a pure, unfiltered, bootyass team. Their goaltending is poor, their defense is putrid, their fancystats mediocre (which is an improvement from where they used to be!). Their first line is pretty good, so the B’s will have to keep track of them, but otherwise it’s a pretty open-and-shut case in what their season’s goal is: Get them as close to Alexis Lafreniere as humanly possible.
That said, the B’s do need to win this game in order to get their affairs for the rest of a somewhat lighter rest of November. Because coming off of a very likely team worst performance against the arch-rivals will make anyone think something’s off. Bruce Cassidy has blended the lines and D-Pairs pretty smoothly in practice, with added Celery and some Silky Smooth Senyshyn to hopefully make up for the loss of Jake DeBrusk, who joins a worryingly increasing list of players on the mend.
Tonight’s game will be...deeply unusual due to the players injured and the names filling in, and will be an interesting chance to see what the newly tinkered with defense pairings do against live targets. It should make for a highly entertaining game!