Just the facts
When: 7:30 PM
Where: Capital One Arena, Washington, D.C.
How to follow: NBCSN, TVAS, and 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Japer’s Rink
Know your enemy
- Leading the East and NHL with a 22-5-5 record and 49 pts (Bruins are 2nd in both, with 46)
- Goals: Alex Ovechkin, 21
- Assists: John Carlson, 32
- Points: Carlson, 43
- Goalie: They’re rolling a decent tandem right now. Braden Holtby’s GAA is a little high at 2.84 and is 15-3-4 - and 15 wins is a tie for the most so far this season. Ilya Samsonov is 7-2-1 with a 2.42 GAA, and the team plays will in front of both goalies.
- Boston needs to rebound from their current skid, which amounts to a resounding three-game losing streak. They managed to salvage a point against Chicago, again by late-game recovery, only to sustain regulation losses to Colorado (forgivable) and Ottawa (abhorrent).
- In an effort to lighten the mood, looks like Bruce Cassidy ordered his team to... wrassle?! Here’s hoping it serves as a fun reset for his roster.
- Washington, meanwhile, has been humming along, winning six in a row before losing to Columbus most recently. They’re moving well, rolling goalies, and are the team with the target on their back.
This will be a solid challenge, so let’s hope for a more complete (and maybe relaxed?) effort from the Bruins to end this losing streak!