Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Canes Country
Know your enemy
- 16-10-1, 33 points, 4th in the Metropolitan Division
- Goals: Sebastian Aho, 13
- Assists: Teuvo Teravainen, 19
- Points: Andrei Svechnikov, 29
- Petr Mrazek: 11-6-1, 2.68 GAA, .901 save percentage
- Rematch! Tonight’s game pits the Bruins against the team they swept in the Eastern Conference Final last year, which was cool.
- Carolina got off to a great start this season, but has had some ups and downs since. Consistency hasn’t been there for the Canes, but they’re still very much in the mix in their division.
- Second in team scoring for Carolina? Ol’ Dougie Hamilton! Dougie got a lot of scorn from B’s fans during the playoffs last year, but appears to be fitting in just fine in Carolina. If you follow Sara Civian on Twitter, you’ll get a great Canes perspective, and she frequently shares Dougie stories that are a departure from his surly reputation.
- I’m writing this Monday night, but it’ll be interesting to see how weather impacts this game. It doesn’t seem like the snow should be bad enough to cancel the game, especially if the Canes are already in town, but it might make for a muted crowd again.
- James Reimer was huge for the Canes in their last game, a 3-2 win over Tampa on Saturday night. It remains to be seen who starts for the Canes tonight.
- The same goes for the Bruins. Tuukka Rask was great on Sunday night, but is it worth starting him again? Probably not. Give Jaroslav Halak a game.
- John Moore’s conditioning stint ended Monday when he was recalled from Providence. It’s unclear if he’ll be in the lineup tonight or if he’ll just be hanging around the team getting back to NHL speed.