Game 1: Kazakhstan is next on the Finnish revenge tour, get dropped 7-1
I sincerely don’t know if this is just a good game for Finland, or the Finns just being that far away from the Kazakhs but this is probably the least surprising result of the tournament.
- Have a heart for the lesser teams in this tournament who have to play Finland. They probably have Leijonat’s so-bad-and-obnoxious-its-almost-great goal song committed to memory.
- Finland has been the engine of death this tournament. More goals than almost anybody and rarely lets up, being 2nd in the tournament in SOG.
- As for Kazakhstan, let’s give it up for Maxim Musurov, who leads his team by far on offense with a goal in every game. Kid deserves credit for how they’ve played even in the face of almost certain doom.
Game 2: USA plays tight game, wins 3-1 over Russia
Given how much trouble some teams have been willing to give the States, it’s good to see them buckle down and play a game this complete.
- Once again, what killed an otherwise perfectly okay Russia squad was their crippling lack of discipline that involved, among other things, getting a little overly handsy after plays, and headbutting...and that was just to start. I guess the Red Machine isn’t exactly super well oiled or disciplined even if it doesn’t break.
- Trevor Zegras is looking like a real player. 7 assists in 3 games. This was also a great night for Arthur Kaliyev, who had a pair of goals.
- Bruins Prospects in this game: Hall and Beecher did not factor into the score. Hall played 8:23, and Beecher played 9:23. Gonna need a little more from you gents!
Morning Slate (9am)
- Sweden vs. Kazakhstan
- Canada vs. Germany
Afternoon Slate (1pm)
- Slovakia vs. Switzerland
- USA vs. Czech Republic
Personal Recommendations: Look there’s a miniscule chance Germany could beat Canada. I’m not saying they will and I’m not saying there’s a good shot they even go to OT. I’m just saying there’s a chance. Otherwise, watch USA vs. the Czechs. In honor of Jakub.