Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7:30 PM
Where: Canadian Tire Center - Kanata, ON
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Silver Seven Sens
Know your enemy
- 12-17-1, 25 points, 7th in the Atlantic Division
- Goals: Jean-Gabriel Pageau, 15
- Assists: Connor Brown and Thomas Chabot, 15
- Points: Pageau, 22
- Goalie: Craig Anderson, 5-8-0, 3.01 GAA, .901 save percentage
- While the results had been pretty good, there’s no denying that the Bruins haven’t exactly been playing their best hockey for the better part of a couple weeks. Perhaps Saturday’s thorough win by the Colorado Avalanche will open the Bruins’ eyes to some of their weaknesses, particularly a lack of a “full-60” effort.
- Of course, the sky isn’t falling, and a loss to a good team isn’t the end of the world. Instead, the Bruins can use it as a learning opportunity and a reminder that you can’t always collect points by turning it on for a period or so.
- The Senators aren’t a good team, and they’ve lost 6 of 7. They have some talent and a goalie that can steal a game. The Bruins played pretty poorly during a visit to Ottawa a few weeks back, though they ultimately emerged with a win.
- Brady Tkachuk is taking a page from his brother’s “under the skin” book, cheapshotting Scott Laughton at the end of their game on Saturday. He’s one to watch.
- No official word yet, but it looks like Patrice Bergeron may be ready to go tonight. It would be a nice boost, to say the least.
- I’d expect Tuukka Rask in net tonight.
- If Bergeron is back in, Bruce Cassidy will have some decisions to make in his bottom-six. Brett Ritchie drew back in Saturday night, but may find himself the odd-man out again.
See ya tonight!