Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: Nationwide Arena - Columbus, OH
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: CBJ Cannon
Know your enemy
- Goals: Cam Atkinson, 38
- Points: Artemi Panarin, 73
- Goalie: Sergei Bobrovsky, 29-22-1, 2.74, .907
- One streak is over, so let’s start another one! The Bruins head into Columbus to face a Blue Jackets team that is desperate for points. The Jackets are currently in the second Wild Card spot, tied with Montreal in points but ahead on ROW.
- The Jackets played last night, and fumbled big time: not only did they lose, but they lost in regulation to a team in their division in the New York Islanders. They’re probably not catching the Isles, but a regulation win for the Jackets would have put them just six points behind.
- The Jackets went all in at the deadline, acquiring Matt Duchene, Ryan Dzingel and MY MAN Adam McQuaid. Duchene has 1 goal and 3 assists in 10 games, while Dzingel has yet to score a goal in 8. NOT IDEAL.
- Old pal Riley Nash signed a nice deal with the Blue Jackets in the offseason, and has been bad. He has just 8 points in 65 games.
- For the Bruins, Jake DeBrusk won’t play, and neither will Matt Grzelcyk or Kevan Miller.
- With Lee Stempniak sent down, it’s unclear who will fill the extra forward spot. Karson Kuhlman was technically sent back to Providence on Friday of last week, though he could be emergency recalled today. If not, they could recall someone else, or Marcus Johansson could be ready. It’s not terribly clear.
- Inspired by the Blue Jackets and their cannon, should the Bruins introduce live bears to their in-game presentation? Discuss.