This was looking like a period that wouldn’t have much going on as most Devils games do, hardly getting close to an acceptable amount of shots on either side, plenty of zone time that went nowhere, you know the drill...
...and then Patrice Bergeron from a David Pastrnak feed happened! Thank goodness! 1-0 Bruins!
And with that, we head to the 2nd period.
Halfway through yet another “exciting” period, The Bruins got a faceoff and the first line yet again became a torture chamber of good hockey, and David Pastrnak roofed a Marchand pass right past Cory Schneider for his first goal post-surgery and his 32nd of the season! 2-0 Bruins!
Patrice Bergeron wins the faceoff.— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) March 22, 2019
Brad Marchand feeds the puck across.
David Pastrnak buries it.
2-0 Bruins. pic.twitter.com/GlhfHEEIPq
...Isn’t it odd how Pasta missed almost a month and has only now gotten competition from his own linemates in the goalscoring race? Huh.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t all candy and gumdrops this period, as Jake DeBrusk put a pretty ugly pass into David Krejci’s skates, which bounced to Pavel Zacha, and then to Drew Stafford...who put it behind Rask. 2-1.
Not a great sequence for all involved. Stafford had a lot of time to get that one.
Thankfully, this period ended without further incident.
Ouch. Lotta bravery behind that block to set up Heinen. 3-1 Bruins!
Not to be outdone, Patrice Bergeron got himself his 30th of the year from an empty netter as the Devils tried their damnedest to get something, anything going, but to no avail.
And with that, the Bruins collect their paychecks, their two points, and get their sunblock for their trip to Miami-Dade Count-
David Backes tips in one more for good measure. 5-1 Boston. pic.twitter.com/OMvVyrUbMM— Bruins (Guy Boston Sports) (@Bruins_GBos) March 22, 2019
Just had to sneak in there, didn’t you, David?
Anyway, the Bruins win yet again convincingly and take their talents to South Beach this Saturday at 7pm!
- Good lord how have New Jersey fans suffered through this season? This game was like the color beige had a hockey game dedicated to it.
- Yet another 30 goal season for Patrice Bergeron and David Pastrnak, and 90 points for Brad Marchand. The first line of this team is not to be believed.
- Furthermore, it took David Pastrnak a grand total of two games to get back to his scoring ways and he never looked like he lost a step even after missing a lot of time. What a legend.
- Backes’ goal was his first in 23 games. Given that he had a pretty good night for himself at least from an eye-test perspective, I’d say he more than earned it.
- Sean Kuraly had a scare early as he got himself harmed with a puck and ended up skating off into the tunnel. Still ended up playing pretty well and finishing the game, which was good.
- I’d like Connor Clifton to stay, please. Especially if it means one of Kampfer or Moore sits.
- Oh if only Krejci had scored. Then we’d have a dave-trick.
See you Saturday!