Just The Facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
The Stakes: Home ice for one team, trying not to miss the playoffs while having almost no meaningful picks in this upcoming draft for the other.
Place to Watch: NBCSN
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 97.1-FM The Fan
Know Your Enemy:
- Future extremely paid winger Artemi Panarin is your leading point getter for the Jackets, with 83 points in 76 games.
- Cam Atkinson has 41 goals for the Jackets in 77 games, a whopping 8 of which are on the power play.
- Matt Duchene has the sex number points in 70 games. He has like 11 as a Blue Jacket, but let’s focus on the stuff of memes.
- Adam McQuaid WILL BE HERE AT TONIGHT’S GAME!!! Please let us know all your very smart and not at all nostalgic takes about where the team with 100 points would be if they had him!
- Bobrovsky’s rounding into...some kind of form I guess. He’s up at .914 SV% now.
So! Good news! You’re playing a team with a lot of holes that Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingel kinda papered over, the team is still helmed by a madman, and Bobrovsky is going through one of the worst seasons in his career. Sounds good, right?
Well, the Boston Bruins certainly could use the Jackets pitching one of their bad efforts, because they haven’t had a loss in five games and the B’s are looking pretty anemic these days. Yes, life for the Boston Bruins has been quite bad lately, and given how cutthroat the eastern wildcard is right now, they’re gonna be skating like it’s a playoff game.
Let’s get this 2 points, and get ready to face Toronto.