Just the facts
Where: Enterprise Center - St. Louis, Missouri
When: Tonight, 8ish PM
How to follow: NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, Sportsnet, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: St. Louis Game Time
- We’re heading to Missouri! Per NHL PR, this will be the first Stanley Cup Final game in St. Louis in 17,924 days. That’s uh...a long time!
- The Bruins are officially terming Matt Grzelcyk as “doubtful” for tonight. Sure. He’s out, we all know that. Per the team, it looks like John Moore will be the one to draw in.
- Patrice Bergeron didn’t practice yesterday, but it was allegedly just for maintenance. There are starting to be rumblings of an injury, as Bergeron has been uncharacteristically ineffective during this series, and a maintenance day is going to do little to quiet those.
- Interestingly, Urho Vaakanainen skated with the Bruins at practice yesterday. You’d have to imagine that the Bruins aren’t going to toss the kid into a Stanley Cup Final game, but stranger things have happened. He practiced on a fourth pairing with Steven Kampfer, so it’s probably nothing, but...
- The Bruins have no changes to make up front, but the Blues will have to decide on someone to replace the suspended Oskar Sundqvist. Per the Blues’ website, options to replace him include Zach Sanford, Jordan Nolan, and Mackezie MacEachern.
- The Bruins’ first line probably has a game left in it before people start calling for them to be broken up again. The trio has been surprisingly bad in the first two games of this series, with Bruce Cassidy juggling things at times. There are two approaches: either the line is too talented to be this bad for this long, or the Blues are doing a good job frustrating them and limiting chances. I can’t really decide where I stand.
- Regarding the start time, 8 PM Boston time is the official time, but considering this is the first game in St. Louis, I’d expect some pregame festivities and a start that edges closer to 8:15.
See ya tonight!