While the madness of free agency and re-signings still looms on the horizon, the NHL schedulemakers decided to turn in their assignments and release the season schedule for next season for your Boston Bruins!
Here are some highlights!
- Preseason begins September 16th. SET YOUR CALENDARS AND WATCHES
- B’s begin their season on the road against Dallas, and officially open up the facelifted TD Garden to the Black and Gold faithful on October 12th.
- The Western road trips start at the very beginning of the season and at the very end, with two smaller ones in February and March.
- The longest homestand of the season begins in November and goes into early december for five games.
- All back-to-backs this season happen either while the team is on the road, or are home-and-homes where the second game is on a saturday.
- Boston goes to Montreal as the away team first, both times in November.
- Unlike last year, there aren’t many awkward starting times because reasons. Most games start at 7pm sharp unless they’re on the west coast. The closest you could get to an awkward one is 3:30pm on the 16th of February.
- All-Star break begins on January 22nd for Boston, and play resumes on the 31st in Winnipeg.
For those of you who don’t want to read the table, you can look at the official pdf here.
...Is it September yet?