Earlier today, the staff at SBNation went on strike as part of bigger action against Vox Media, which owns SBN.
Today‘s our last scheduled day of bargaining.@voxmediainc is still apart from us on:— Vox Media Union (@vox_union) June 6, 2019
- competitive wage scales
- strong guaranteed raises
- better severance
- subcontracting work
We’ve decided we’re not showing up to work today until we resolve these issues.
While the people who manage this blog don't do it for a living, Vox Media has tons of full-time employees who deserve a fair contract.
We'll be going dark for the rest of the day in solidarity. I'm sorry that we won't have lines or an official Public Skate, but it's important to do what's right.
Here's to hoping the Bruins give us plenty of good stuff to write about tomorrow.
Stanley Cup Final, Game #5 is tonight as the Bruins host the Blues at TD Garden- tune in at 8:00PM ET on NBC.
- Five-on-five to stay alive- the Bruins need to be effective at full strength. Boston.com
- Three keys to tonight’s tilt include the Bruins’ forecheck. NBC Sports
- Matt Grzelcyk will be in, and Zdeno Chara is not ruled out for tonight. WEEI
- The alternative? Seven defensemen. NHL
- The forwards will have to step up in any case. Patriot Ledger
- We’re talkin’ ‘bout you, Bruins second line! MassLive
- Maybe David Krejci could dish up some of that special sauce? WEEI
- Here’s what Zdeno Chara brings his team at age 42. Sportsnet
- Watch tonight, as records may fall. Charlie Coyle is chasing a Wayne Gretzky benchmark. NBC Sports
- Have a laugh with David Pastrnak about his now infamous stick taping jobs. NBC Sports
- One *unsung* hero is working hard behind the scenes and enjoying this ride. CBS Boston
- Mike Pesca explains why he is STILL salty about the 1970 Bruins v. Blues final. NPR
Elsewhere around the rink:
- Former Bruin Seth Griffith has signed for another year with Winnipeg. NHL Jets
- The Blues’ longtime anthem singer will call it a career after Game #6. New York Times
- A Labrador taxi driver recognized the inscription on a beat up watch given to him in payment and returned it to the grateful owner. CBC