Just the facts
When: Today, 3 PM
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
How to follow: NESNPlus, 98.5 The Sports Hub, NHL Network (outside Boston and Chicago)
Rival SBN site: Second City Hockey
- Today’s objective: don’t get hurt. That’s just about it. Maybe don’t block shots or do anything nuts. Just stay healthy and we’ll all be good.
- Patrice Bergeron is probably going to make his preseason debut today, which is wonderful. You know what else is wonderful? These pictures of Bergeron and his family that the Bruins posted on Twitter.
- It’ll be interesting to see who the Bruins put out there today. They sent a bunch of guys down Thursday, but there are still a few guys on the roster who likely won’t be in Dallas this coming Thursday. Do they give ice time to, say, a guy like Jakub Zboril to give him one last chance to impress, or do they give it to a veteran who needs to shake off the rust?
- The Bruins have quietly not lost in regulation in the preseason. It doesn’t really matter, but still...it’s certainly not a BAD sign.
- Bruce Cassidy said today that David Krejci, Jack Studnicka, and Joakim Nordstrom will not play today. Not terribly surprising.
- After Wednesday night’s game, Cassidy wouldn’t commit to playing David Backes again today. However, it seems like it’d be a good idea. While it’s preseason, Backes has looked a lot better, and seems determined to get himself back in the lineup. Cassidy may as well give him another shot to see if (and I know this isn’t saying much, but whatever) he can perform at a decent level a couple of games in a row.