Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: Barclays Center - Brooklyn, NY
How to follow: NESN, NHLN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Lighthouse Hockey
Know your enemy
- 27-12-3, 57 points, 2nd in the Metropolitan Division
- Goals: Mathew Barzal, 16
- Assists: Barzal, 19
- Points: Barzal, 35
- Goalie: Semyon Varlamov, 15-5-3, 2.30 GAA, .924 save percentage
- In the teams’ last meeting on Dec. 19 at the TD Garden, the Islanders edged out the Bs 3-2 in a shootout. Johnny Boychuk had a goal and an assist in the game. Barzal also added a tally.
- The Bruins will have to watch out for Barzal. The Isles’ leading-point man, he’s a consistent player that generates offensive plays. In seven career games against the Bruins, he’s registered points in five games. Four of those are assists, which again, shows he’s involved in creating plays.
- BOYCHUK. Even though he’s spent more time in an Islanders jersey now, he still holds a special place in Bs history and you can’t really root against him. And to make you feel better if you wanted to, but still shouldn’t, he hasn’t produced much against his former team.
- The Islanders are slightly stronger on home ice this season and the Bruins have a solid road record. It has the shaping of a pretty even match-up without either team really having an ice advantage.
- I’ll go out on a limb and say you can probably expect David Pastrnak to notch No. 36 tonight. He’s currently on a four-game scoring streak and after the hatty Thursday, a minimum of one goal should be a walk in the park.
- Per BostonBruins.com, Zdeno Chara is set to return to the lineup after missing Thursday’s game due to recovery from another jaw surgery. Find me a team with tougher players, I dare you. It will also be his 999th game in a Bruins jersey.
- The big question is, how will the guys do without their moms there?? And can we just set up a permanent suite for them with their energy and good luck that they bring? Thoughts for next year, Bruins management!