It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (18-0-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 4-2 v Connecticut Whale (1/12)
• Next Week: v Metropolitan Riveters (1/20)
The Pride got no help but still reduced their magic number to three and would clinch at least a share of the regular season title with a win and would clinch outright with an additional dropped point by Minnesota.
Boston College (11-7-2, 10-5-1 HEA) SBN Poll: NR (-5) HEA: 2nd (7 Points behind)
• Last week: L 0-6 v Northeastern (1/10) L 0-3 @ Northeastern (1/12)
• Coming Week: v Vermont (1/17, 1/18)
The Eagles crashed hard this weekend, right out of the rankings, a season shutout at the hands of Northeastern has been absolutely catastrophic. Towards the end of the weekend BC was just throwing everything they could at Northeastern, including a few punches but were unable to solve the enigma that Aerin Frankel has become to them. After this disastrous 10 game stretch the Eagles look to rebound before the Beanpot and have an opportunity to do so starting with Vermont.
Boston University (13-4-2, 8-4-2 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: 3rd (8 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-2 @ Providence (1/10), W 4-1 v Providence (1/11)
• Coming Week: v Holy Cross (1/17), @ Holy Cross (1/18)
Boston University had a great chance to gain ground on BC but dropping a game to Providence cost them moving into second place for now. These next two games are must wins that should be imminently doable.
Harvard University (10-4-0, 9-0-0 ECAC, 6-0-0 Ivy) SBN Poll: 9 (-) ECAC: T-1st (0 Points behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-2 v Quinnipiac (1/10), T 3-3 OT v Princeton (1/11)
• Coming Week: @ Colgate (1/17), @ Cornell (1/18)
A single point in ECAC play was not what the Crimson were hoping for. The coming weekend will be an excellent chance to prove if they are for real or will drop out of contention.
Northeastern University (15-3-1, 12-2-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 3 (-) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 6-0 @ Boston College (1/10), W 3-0 v Boston College (1/12)
• Coming Week: v Connecticut (1/17), @ Connecticut (1/18)
After a tough weekend the Huskies rebounded in a very big way. Shutting out BC while scoring nine goals was exactly what Northeastern needed to do to confirm the belief the pollsters had in them after playing Wisconsin.
Record This Week: 4-4-1