Just the facts
When: Today, 12:30 PM
Where: PPG Paints Arena - Pittsburgh, Penn.
How to follow: NBC, TVAS, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: PensBurgh
Know your enemy
- 30-13-5, 63 points, 2nd in the Metropolitan Division
- Goals: Jake Guentzel, 20
- Assists: Evgeni Malkin, 34
- Points: Malkin, 49
- Goalies: Matt Murray, 14-6-4, 2.84 GAA, .929 save percentage
Tristan Jarry, 16-6-1, 2.12 GAA, .930 save percentage
- The Bruins and Penguins meet again for their second game against each other within the past four days. The Bs won the first meeting on Thursday, topping the Penguins, 4-1, with multi-point nights from Karson Kuhlman and David Pastrnak.
- Since Thursday, the Penguins played the Wings, beating them, 2-1. Sidney Crosby extended his scoring streak to two games. The Pens also scored both goals on the power play. Murray started in net and the big question will be who they decide to start against the Bruins.
- Yesterday, the Bruins recalled goalie Dan Vladar from Providence again on an emergency basis. Jaroslav Halak had a strong performance against the the Penguins, and will have to be on top of his game as the Penguins are sure to be playing with a chip on their shoulder from losing at the Garden.
- David Krejci missed Thursday night's game, and will be out today as well.
- The Bruins will have to get back to working their magic on the power play, after going 0-4 last game. The team has a 26.6% on the power play this season and will have to figure out the Penguins penalty kill unit that is 81.6% with a man down. Both teams were strong on Thursday with their respective penalty kills.
- The Bruins showed a mental toughness last game, and they’ll need to continue that against a skilled Pens roster. And will we see another showdown between Torey Krug and Patric Hornqvist? Eh, probably not, but the team needs that willingness to stick up for the bench, and get inside Pittsburgh’s head.
- Interesting fact- When the Bruins lead with multiple goals, they have a 22-1-3 record this season. The Bruins’ two-goal lead over the Penguins came in the third period.