It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (19-0-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 5-3 v Metropolitan Riveters (1/20)
• Next Week: @ Minnesota Whitecaps (1/25, 1/26)
The Pride remain perfect and have clinched a share of the regular season title. The only team that can catch them is the same Whitecaps team they travel to play next weekend.
Boston College (12-9-3, 11-7-2 HEA) SBN Poll: NR (-5) HEA: T-2nd (8 Points behind)
• Last week: W 7-5 v Vermont (1/17), T 2-2 OT v Vermont (1/18)
• Coming Week: v Providence (1/24), @ Providence (1/25)
After going a weekend without a goal the Eagles decided to throw everything they had at Vermont and tallied seven goals in the first meeting of the weekend before only tallying two in a tie the next day. Now up is a providence team that has surged back up the standings of late.
Boston University (16-5-2, 11-5-2 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: T-2nd (8 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-1 v Holy Cross (1/17), W 4-1 @ Holy Cross (1/18)
• Coming Week: v Merrimack (1/24), @ Merrimack (1/25)
The Terriers beat up lowly Holy Cross and look to do the same against even lowlier Merrimack.
Harvard University (10-7-1, 9-3-1 ECAC, 6-1-1 Ivy) SBN Poll: 9 (-) ECAC: 2nd (3 Points behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: L 2-5 @ Colgate (1/17), L 0-7 @ Cornell (1/18)
• Coming Week: @ St. Lawrence (1/24), @ Clarkson (1/25)
The Crimson seem to be back in free fall mode getting outscored 12-2 over the weekend including a tough Ivy league loss to Cornell. Harvard will travel up north for a pair that they will need to win to keep up atop the ECAC.
Northeastern University (19-3-1, 16-2-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 3 (-) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-0 v Connecticut (1/17), W 3-0 @ Connecticut (1/18)
• Coming Week: @ Vermont (1/24, 1/25)
The Huskies shutout streak has reached 240 minutes of game play across two different opponents. This weekend will bring Northeastern all the way up to Vermont as they look to continue their hot streak.
Record This Week: 6-2-1