Just the facts
When: Tonight, 8:00 PM
Where: Bell MTS Place, Winnipeg, MB
How to follow: NESN, TVAS, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Arctic Ice Hockey
Know your enemy
- 25-22-4, 54 points, 4th in Central Division
- Goals: Kyle Connor, 25
- Assists: Mark Scheifele, 31
- Points: Scheifele, 54
- Goalies: Connor Hellebuyck, 21-16-4, 2.74 GAA, .917 save percentage
Laurent Brossoit, 4-6-0, 3.71 GAA, .883 save percentage
- In the teams’ last meeting on January 9, the Bruins beat the Jets 5-4 at the Garden. David Pastrnak netted a hat trick, while Jake DeBrusk added two tallies. For the Jets, Scheifele and Connor each recorded a goal and assist. The B’s also outshot the Jets 36-21.
- In regards to the Jets, they could be without their biggest points producer and #1 center in Scheifele. Both Scheifele and defenseman Tucker Poolman missed practice yesterday. The Jets also recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling and forward Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose, per the team.
- Tuukka Rask was back on the ice yesterday, having missed the last 3 games, 4 counting the game it occurred, after suffering a concussion on Jan. 14. He’s expected to be back in the lineup. the team said. Head Coach Bruce Cassidy also noted he won’t need to serve his one game suspension from refusing to participate in the All-Star Game because of the games missed with the concussion.
- Practice lines are keeping Jake DeBrusk, Charlie Coyle and Anders Bjork together. In the past six games, whether together or not, these three have totaled 5 goals and 9 assists. DeBrusk has points in six of the last eight games, including his three-point night on 1/9 against the Jets. The key will be keeping the momentum going that this line is building.
- Karson Kuhlman and Jeremy Lauzon are back from Providence. Kuhlman has had a strong showing in his last three games back since recovering from injury. He’s done well with Danton Heinen and with David Krejci centering, should generate more chances.
- Will this be the night Charlie McAvoy gets his first goal of the season? He had a close call the last time against the Jets, so maybe this could be the one!