It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (17-0-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last Week: W 5-2 @ Buffalo Beauts (1/4), W 7-2 @ Buffalo Beauts (1/5)
• Next Week: v Connecticut Whale (1/12)
The Pride are perfect, breaking their own single season record, but have plenty of season to go. In the course of the weekend they were able to lock up at least second place and have a magic number of only five points to lock the top spot, which could happen this coming weekend with some help from Buffalo.
Boston College (11-7-2, 10-5-1 HEA) SBN Poll: ARV (-2) HEA: 2nd (3 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-7 @ Harvard (12/31)
• Coming Week: v Northeastern (1/10) @ Northeastern (1/12)
The Eagles are throwing life preservers out to try and salvage their season which has quickly become unraveled. The latest disaster saw them get blown out by Harvard right before the new year. Things aren’t about to get any easier as they get a pair against Northeastern.
Boston University (13-4-2, 8-4-2 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: 3rd (6 Points behind)
• Last week: W 3-2 OT v Maine (1/4), T 3-3 OT v Maine (1/5)
• Coming Week: @ Providence (1/10), v Providence (1/11)
A tight weekend with a point left on the ice was not what the Terriers wanted coming back from the break but now must get their act together as they get to play a desperate Providence team.
Harvard University (10-4-0, 9-0-0 ECAC, 6-0-0 Ivy) SBN Poll: 9 (+2) ECAC: 1st (0 Points behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 7-1 v Boston College (12/31)
• Coming Week: v Quinnipiac (1/10), v Princeton (1/11)
The Crimsons are back to the winning ways as they blew the doors off BC. Now they must return to conference play as they try to stay perfect.
Northeastern University (15-3-1, 12-2-0 HEA) SBN Poll: T-3 (+1) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-2 v Vermont (12/30), T 1-1 OT (2-0 SOW) v Colgate (1/4), L 3-4 OT v Wisconsin (1/5)
• Coming Week: @ Boston College (1/10), v Boston College (1/12)
A sloppy win over Vermont to close out 2019 led to a pair of tight games in Pittsburgh that were ultimately a tie and a loss. The loss was unlucky both in the way the game played out but also as a lost opportunity to raise their tournament stock. The Huskies will look to rebound with a pair against a reeling Eagles team.
Record This Week: 5-2-1