0It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (20-1-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last Week: No Games
• Next Week: v Connecticut Whale (2/15)
With the All Star break all over it’s time to turn focus to the end of the regular season. The Pride have one home game this weekend and then travel for their last two games of the regular season the following weekend.
Boston College (14-12-3, 13-9-2 HEA) SBN Poll: NR (-) HEA: 3rd (14 Points behind)
• Last week: L 0-4 @ Boston University (2/4), L 0-3 v New Hampshire (2/7)
• Coming Week: v Harvard (2/11), @ Maine (2/14, 1/15)
The Eagles are in complete freefall and you have to wonder is there anything Coach Crowley can throw at them to fix the problem. This past week saw BC fall behind early and then let the games spiral out of control. AT this point the nonconference games likes Tuesday’s Beanpot Consolation game don’t really matter but their trip to Bangor could be the difference between home ice and traveling for the Hockey East quarterfinals.
Boston University (20-6-3, 14-6-3 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: 2nd (11 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-0 v Boston College (2/4), W 5-2 @ Holy Cross (2/8)
• Coming Week: v Northeastern (2/11), @ New Hampshire (2/15), v New Hampshire 2/16)
Their game against Boston College never really seemed to be in doubt. Then the Terriers seemed to get caught looking ahead to Tuesday a little bit as Holy Cross gave them a very brief scare before BU turned on the jets and closed the game out. Up next they get a chance to defend their Beanpot title on home ice before getting a chance to lock up the number two seed in Hockey East.
Harvard University (13-10-1, 12-5-1 ECAC, 7-2-1 Ivy) SBN Poll: 10 (+1) ECAC: 4th (8 Points behind) Ivy: 2nd (2 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-3 v Northeastern (2/4), L 1-4 v Cornell (2/7), W 4-3 v Colgate (2/8)
• Coming Week: v Boston College (2/11), @ Rensselaer (2/14), @ Union (2/15)
The Crimson lost three trophies last week the Beanpot, and then the loss to Cornell eliminated them from both the ECAC and Ivy League races. Now Harvard will need to get their game back together and try and play for seeding in their conference tournament.
Northeastern University (25-3-1, 21-2-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 3 (-1) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last week: W 3-1 v Harvard (2/4), W 5-1 @ Merrimack (2/7)
• Coming Week: @ Boston University (2/11), v Providence (2/14), @ Providence (2/15)
The Huskies continue to roll on. Now they get to focus on winning their second trophy of the season as they take on BU. After that they just need to stay on task in their bid to lock up a home NCAA quarterfinal game.
Record This Week: 5-4-0